Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The flowers that will blossom

I bet most of us have all been in a relationship that demands us to do a lot more for them than we’d ever do for ourselves. For instances: You both work; the economy sucks. Two jobs is needed. Man comes home expects dinner on the table. Even though the women has worked the same amount of hours. So in this scenario one takes advantage of ones time. What did we learn? That men in 2013 can’t do anything on their own? That a man has a women create a meal for him to eat because he worked all day? Do we not enough respect for each other anymore?

Let me break this down in layman's terms for some to follow along.  If you’re in a relationship with anyone; whoever it may be. You live your life; they live their life; and in the middle the time left is spent for each other. Have we lost the basics? Even in relationships? I mean society sucks as it is but now we must live with this everywhere?

Now take this scenario for instance: You both work; the economy sucks. Two jobs is needed. Man comes home; asks how the woman's day was; asks what she would like to do for dinner. She replies. If she doesn’t want anything. He makes it him damn self. Why? Because taking advantage of someone elses time isn’t what relationships are about. Now; if she has made a meal out of her dear love for this man; then out of the give and take rule of life; KARMA. The man will make a meal for her. Very basic; not very hard to understand.

Taking advantage of each other is a part of a healthy relationship. What I do for you; I would expect you’d do the same. It’s not that hard to respect another person and their life; especially if you in a relationship with them. If you’re in a relationship; you need to live your life; while not expecting anything from your counterpart. We all understand the basic’s of bills. Bills are not in this topic of discussion because if you’ll have problems with paying your bills than that is a completely different topic of self responsibility (Another day another time).  Letting your counterpart live their life for them self while you’re apart of that journey is more fulfilling then dinner on the table after work. Spending that time even making dinner together because that is all the time you’ve for each other is more equality for that relationship than expect it to be on the table.

Now to make this a little more interesting. If you expect dinner on the table; the you probably expect your laundry to be done also. So let me get this straight. Men expect dinner, cloths to be washed. This seems like men think they’re more important based on their jobs. I didn’t know your counterpart; the person you so called love aka respect is your servant. Maybe I just grew up a little different and I am a different breed of male; but I clean the house when I have time; I wash my own clothes because I like them done a certain way; I even cook my own food. I also work on music 8 hours a day plus hangout with friends while still finding enough to time do all the essential things I need to do for myself.

You work on music? That isn’t a rough physical day of labor. Okay; you’re right, I work hard but it's mentally exhausting which becomes physically exhausting. But I have one even better for you; when I was in the military; I did all this myself still; and I bet that was more physical than your average joe job.

Now I am not here to judge my life to your life while saying my life ways are better than yours. All I am saying is this; if you respect a person in a relationship then show it by your actions. Saying “I love you” means in layman's terms “I respect you.” Show it. Prove it. I bet if you take the time while showing this type of respect; it will make your relationship even more flourishing for each other. Living concurrently for life goals; while, not holding back based on your expectation of what they should be doing for you.

Try it for a week; watch the flower that blossoms; just saying!

No comments:

Post a Comment